I'm finally trying to setup mod_wombat:
sudo apt-get install apache2-threaded-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libapreq2-dev cd /usr/src/ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_wombat/trunk/ ./mod_wombat cd ./mod_wombat./buildconf./configure --with-mpm=worker --enable-so --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2 --with-apreq2=/usr/
Some configure warnings, but then make gives an error:
/usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=disable-static i486-linux-gnu-gcc -prefer-pic -DLINUX=2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/apr-1.0 -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include/postgresql -I/usr/include/xmltok -pthread -I/usr/include/apache2 -I/usr/include/apr-1.0 -I/usr/include/apr-1.0 -I/usr/include/postgresql -Wall -Werror -I/usr//include/apreq2 -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -c -o config.lo config.c && touch config.slo config.c:197:2: error: no newline at end of file apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536. make: *** [mod_wombat.la] Error 1
I added ";\n" to the end, ( a real newline ), and it compiled. With a sudo make install, seems to be OK. I just tried out the Hello World example, and it worked!
Hello Lua World!
I couldn't get the script to execute in a non-public directory, but I didn't go through the configuration directives with a fine toothed comb. This is a great little tool, it bridges the gap between modrewrite / varnish and modperl / aolserver. :-)
NOTE: I've got to remember that Lua is also used with mysql_proxy.
If this is something that you are interested in, you might want to check out the work Maxime Petazonni is doing for the Google Summer of Code.
Other external links: