I’m using squid’s caching capabilities to save copies of debian packages and the sources used by the bsd ports collections. Here’s what I did:
- Adjusted a few squid parameters:
- low maximum_object_size_in_memory (128 KB) setting, to use memory only for web browsing.
- large maximum_object_size (256 MB)
- big cache_dir (8500)
- cache_replacement_policy to "heap LFUDA"
- Set all cache clients to the same sources, and set HTTP_PROXY and FTP_PROXY to squid address and port </ul> Docunext Wiki page on Squid