Experiments and usage of the Linksys NSLU2 (aka Slug) with Debian
I immediately flashed my NSLU2 firmware and debootstrapped debian onto a Flash drive. I haven't de-underclocked it, and am not sure I want to try that at the risk of breaking my new toy.
- Processor speed is apparent when rysncing via ssh, my xfers max out at 500kB, but when I mount a samba share and rsync directly I get 2.5MB/s.
- I tried connecting to USB drives with a USB 1.1 hub, and the transfer rate was very bad. I ordered a new USB 2.0 hub from Led Shoppe (ledshoppe.com), hopefully that will help!
- How can I tell if a USB device is using USB 2.0 or USB 1.1?
- Do USB hubs work with it?
- Redo the installation process because I am running out of room on my root partition, and have plenty of room on the home partition. Though I may try to rearrange /home/ and /usr/ or something.